Wire Joining Tool Bell Telephone Labs inc. Original Patent Lithograph 1932
On this original linen-backed lithograph from 1932, Bell Telephone Laboratories Incorporated patented a tool for joining wires by rolling. The historic laboratory originated as the Western Electric Engineering department in the late 19th century, located at 463 West Street, New York City. In 1925, after years of conducting research and development under Western Electric, American Telephone & Telegraph Company (AT&T Corporation), Western Electric divided ownership of the newly formed Bell Telephone Laboratories. Researchers working at Bell Labs are credited with the development of radio astronomy, the transistor, the laser, the charge-coupled device (CCD), information theory, the Unix operating system, and the programming languages C, C++, and S. Nine Nobel Prizes have been awarded for work completed at Bell Laboratories.
All patent lithographs sold by Maymont Group are 100% ORIGINAL.
These documents are NOT reproductions or posters (patent art).
These are the original lithographs found in books obtained from the Patent and Trademark Office directly.
In the 1800's and early 1900's, inventors would submit a detailed drawing of the invention and/or improvements to the patent and trademark office. Once received and if approved, the Patent office would then send a letter of confirmation to the inventor and begin to take that drawing and etch it into stone in order to create and print this linen-backed lithograph. These documents are the original hard copies that were created by the patent office's artists, and act as patent examiner reference material. With that being said, these are 100% original and are the only physical copies in existence.
If you have any other inquiries concerning our business or the patents we are selling, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will respond promptly.