Regenerative Gas Lamp Fletcher and Clare Original Patent Lithograph 1888
On this original linen-backed lithograph from 1888, Fletcher, T., and Clare, A. patented a regenerative gas lamp. This invention relates to a lamp wherein both the gas and air are supplied from below. Around the annular burner is a casing which is open at both ends. Above the burner is a compound deflector and reflector. The air supply to the upper surface of the flame is heated by passing through the reticulated baffles before being deflected downwards by the hood which is utilized as a reflector.
All patent lithographs sold by Maymont Group are 100% ORIGINAL.
These documents are NOT reproductions or posters (patent art).
These are the original lithographs found in books obtained from the Patent and Trademark Office directly.
In the 1800's and early 1900's, inventors would submit a detailed drawing of the invention and/or improvements to the patent and trademark office. Once received and if approved, the Patent office would then send a letter of confirmation to the inventor and begin to take that drawing and etch it into stone in order to create and print this linen-backed lithograph. These documents are the original hard copies that were created by the patent office's artists, and act as patent examiner reference material. With that being said, these are 100% original and are the only physical copies in existence.
If you have any other inquiries concerning our business or the patents we are selling, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will respond promptly.