Harvester Threshers Improvements International Harvester Co Original Patent Lithograph 1932
On this original linen-backed lithograph from 1932 (includes original specification sheet), International Harvester Company patented improvements in harvester threshers. The International Harvester Company was founded in 1902 in Chicago, USA, the result of the merger of the two leading manufacturers of harvesting machinery in the USA. These were the McCormick Harvesting Machine Company and the Deering Harvester Company. Three smaller companies, the Milwaukee Harvester Company, the Warder, Bushnell and Glessner Company and the Plano Manufacturing Company, were also brought into the merged business. Of the constituent companies, McCormick traced its origins to 1831, when Cyrus Hall McCormick had developed his first successful mechanical reaper. He exhibited at the Great Exhibition at London in 1851, winning the show’s highest award, the Council Medal. By 1909 International Harvester had established branches in several European countries.
All patent lithographs sold by Maymont Group are 100% ORIGINAL.
These documents are NOT reproductions or posters (patent art).
These are the original lithographs found in books obtained from the Patent and Trademark Office directly.
In the 1800's and early 1900's, inventors would submit a detailed drawing of the invention and/or improvements to the patent and trademark office. Once received and if approved, the Patent office would then send a letter of confirmation to the inventor and begin to take that drawing and etch it into stone in order to create and print this linen-backed lithograph. These documents are the original hard copies that were created by the patent office's artists, and act as patent examiner reference material. With that being said, these are 100% original and are the only physical copies in existence.
If you have any other inquiries concerning our business or the patents we are selling, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will respond promptly.