Aeroplane Wings De Havilland Aircraft Company Limited Original Patent Lithograph 1932
On this original linen-backed lithograph from 1932 (includes original specification sheet), De Havilland Aircraft Company Limited patented improvements in or relating to aeroplane wings. De Havilland Aircraft Company Limited was a British aviation manufacturer established in late 1920 by Geoffrey de Havilland at Stag Lane Aerodrome Edgware on the outskirts of north London. Operations were later moved to Hatfield in Hertfordshire.
Known for its innovation, de Havilland were responsible for a number of important aircraft, including the Moth biplane which revolutionized general aviation in the 1920s; the 1930s Fox Moth, the first commercial transport able to operate without government subsidy; the wooden World War II Mosquito multi-role aircraft; and the passenger jet service pioneering Comet.